I hope that you all enjoy this weekend. I would like to offer a prayer today for the Class of 2015 which graduates tonight. They are wonderful students and it has been a joy to see them grow and change into the young men and women that they have become. We are proud of each and every graduate and wish them all the best as they move on to high school!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Prayer for Graduates
God of our beginnings,
We thank you for the gifts of these graduates;
their excitement, their awesome wonder and curiosity,
their open speech and encouraging words.
Their contributions have blessed and challenged us,
and we have become a richer
and more diverse community because of them.
As they step forward into the world that awaits,
comfort their fears with the full knowledge of your divine presence.
Strengthen their resolve to walk in the footsteps of Jesus
as modern-day disciples in a world that needs their spirit.
Guide their feet as they move through life,
protecting them from the pitfalls of darkness
while they help to lead future generations
into the warmth and promise of your light.
CONGRATULATIONS to our 8th grade Graduates! We wish each of you the best of everything as you
continue your education through high school and beyond. Remember, you will always be welcome here
at St. Patrick School, and we will keep each of you in our thoughts and prayers as you make your life’s journey.
God bless you and remember…once a Celtic, always a Celtic!
NO SCHOOL ON JUNE 4 We will be taking the day off from school to allow our staff, families and students to attend Fr. Ken’s Funeral Mass at St. Patrick’s Church, at 11:00 AM. School will resume on Friday, for the final half day.
USED BOOK SALE Ms. Mello’s Annual Used Book sale will take place next week. Clean out your book shelves and bring your books Monday through Wednesday, the last week of school.
END OF THE YEAR UNIFORM EXCHANGE We will once again have our uniform exchange the last week of school. Please bring your clean, usable uniforms on the morning of June 1, so that they can be sorted. The Exchange will start on Monday, June 1, after school. Because they will not have uniforms, the students will have FREE DRESS this entire week.
END OF THE YEAR JUBILEE will take place on Friday, June 5, at 9 AM. This is a celebration of our students as they finish out this school year. Students of the Month will be recognized and each class will do a small performance to make this a true jubilee! Everyone is welcome.
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL is Friday, June 5. Dismissal is at 12:45 for everyone and there is NO EXTENDED CARE this day! Please plan accordingly.
REPORT CARDS will be going home on Friday, June 5, the last day of school. If you are still owing any fees, report cards will be held in the school office until accounts are paid in full.
KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION will take place on Wednesday, June 3, at 6:00 PM, in Mercy Gym. Come and watch the Kindergarten class graduate to First Grade!!
SCRIP will be available during the summer months that the office is open. Stop in and see us!
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
June 8 to June 30
9:00 to 2:00
Please call before coming!
August 1 to August 14
8:00 to 3:00
August 18 Return to regular office hours, 7:30 to 3:30
FOR THOSE WHO PLAN AHEAD…The first day of school for the 2015-16 year is August 19. The first three days are 12:45 dismissal. Uniforms from the first day. Thanksgiving Break is Nov. 23 – 27. Christmas Break is 1/2 day on Dec. 18 and then no school Dec. 21 – Jan.3. Easter Break will be Mar. 24, half day to April 4. Last day of the 2015-16 school year is June 3.
St. Patrick’s School Prayer Corner…
Prayers are requested for:
- Fr. Ken Brown, Pastor of St. Patrick’s Church, who died this week.
- Steve Smith, Stepfather of Alumni Madison & Matthew Gularte, who is suffering from pancreatic cancer
- Ryan Teixeira, cousin of Jake, Charlie & Sam Ward, who has been diagnosed with cancer and needs our prayers
- Cheryl Day, Alex Ramey’s Grandmother, who recently had hip surgery.
- For Sr. Rebecca’s sister, who needs our prayers.
- For the people of Nepal and the families who lost loved ones during the recent earthquake
- Darren & Sean Mullin, past students, who were in a bad auto accident this week
- Ron Salisbury, who is fighting cancer
- Jeff Meier, father of Mrs. Fleming and grandfather of Katelyn, Dylan and Riley, who is fighting cancer
- Gabriel, cousin of Emma, Ludivine and Amelie Zietek, who is fighting cancer.
- Sr. Clare, who is in hospital and needs our prayers.
- Sean Martin, Uncle of Sean Martin, who is being treated for cancer.
- Jakleen Livingstone, who is being treated for a second bout of cancer.
- Faith Debrum, friend of the Crandall family, who is being treated for cancer.
- Gary Nightingale, Grandfather of Grady Pope, who is ill.
- Rick Cosby, Paloma Nava’s Grandfather who is ill.
- Gloria Thompson, who is suffering from pancreatic cancer.
- Lorraine Spargo, Godmother of the McNeill girls, who is ill.
- Jon Stephenson, friend of the Scott family, who is battling cancer.
- Alex Barry, Grandfather of Blake Jack, who has been diagnosed with a brain tumor.
- Miss Bernie, Preschool teacher, who needs our prayers.
- John Machado, friend of the Goodwin family, who was injured in an accident.
- Special intention for Daniel McLean’s family.
- Lori Laningham, cousin of Ridgley Yokes, who is ill.
- Donald Bosshardt, Grandfather of Elaina, whose cancer has returned.
- Phinneus McKenna, 8 year old who is battling cancer.
- David Zachmann, Molly Sinnott’s cousin, who is very ill.
- Topher Cajas, friend of the McLean & Ayala families, who has cancer.
- Tyler Botsford, Leila and Lucy Martin’s cousin who has leukemia.
- Annie McGuire, who is suffering from cancer.
- Ken Blakely, Grandfather of Devyn Dyar, who is very ill.
- Beth Carroll, alumnus , who works to make the Haitian people lives better.
- For all of the men and women who serve our country in the military throughout the world.
CURRICULUM AND ACTIVITY CORNER
CONGRATULATIONS!! Luke Montoya, Gr. 4, finished 7th out of 50 players at the European Championship. He played in rain, 20 mph wind and freezing cold weather on the hardest golf course (Scotland) and conditions he’s experienced thus far. He was one of the three Americans in the Top 10 and represented USA well.